Addictions are often misunderstood as there is an unhelpful focus upon behaviour e.g. compulsively watching online porn and less on the nature of the addiction itself and what purpose it is serving.
As there is invariably some level of enjoyment or comfort associated with an addiction or other well-rehearsed pattern of behaviour, there can be a high level of ambivalence associated with the prospect of changing these behaviours. I can help you understand the nature of this ambivalence and clarify your motivation to change.
- Chemsex taking over your life
- Watching too much porn online
- Apps taking up too much time
- Drugs or alcohol becoming a problem
- Do you feel sexually compulsive or out of control
- Concerned about the types of drugs you use
- Are drugs or alcohol ruining your sex life